Ga direct naar inhoud

Tamo’s guidebook

Tamo

Tamo’s guidebook

Cafes & Restaurants
`Located in the old part of Tbilisi, Georgian restaurant In the Shadow of Metekhi offers cozy ambience along with wonders of local cuisine`.
16
locals raden deze aan
In The Shadow of Metekhi
29 Ketevan Tsamebuli Ave
16
locals raden deze aan
`Located in the old part of Tbilisi, Georgian restaurant In the Shadow of Metekhi offers cozy ambience along with wonders of local cuisine`.
Bar-restaurant "Puris Moedani" is located in old Tbilisi, on Jerusalem Street. In first hall is the bar with variety of alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks; second hall is comparably small with brick walls and soft lightening. In the evenings you can listen to live music. Bar-restaurant offers you lunch (free home delivery service available).
restoran "Puris Moedani"
Bar-restaurant "Puris Moedani" is located in old Tbilisi, on Jerusalem Street. In first hall is the bar with variety of alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks; second hall is comparably small with brick walls and soft lightening. In the evenings you can listen to live music. Bar-restaurant offers you lunch (free home delivery service available).
9
locals raden deze aan
Shemoikhede Genatsvale
5 Kote Marjanishvili St
9
locals raden deze aan
The atmosphere is amazing. The staff is very friendly and the service is amazing.
9
locals raden deze aan
Hard Rock Cafe
1 Vasil Petriashvili Street
9
locals raden deze aan
The atmosphere is amazing. The staff is very friendly and the service is amazing.
16
locals raden deze aan
Machakhela
N106 Davit Aghmashenebeli Ave
16
locals raden deze aan
84
locals raden deze aan
Fabrika Tbilisi
8 Egnate Ninoshvili St
84
locals raden deze aan
Parks & Nature
Mtatsminda Park is an amusement facility located atop Mount Mtatsminda on 770 meter height overlooking the Georgian capital Tbilisi. It is the highest point in Tbilisi. Located on more than 100 hectares. Park has more than 100 years history. Mtatsminda Park is the most popular theme park in Tbilisi. It is the best choice for fun and relaxation. You can find various Cafes, Souvenirs shops, child entertainment center, wedding house, picnic zones, a big Ferris Wheel at the edge of the mountain, offering a splendid view over the city, funicular tram and other fun attractions on the venue. Fresh air, fascinating view of Tbilisi, fun rides, attractions, constant events, excellent customer
43
locals raden deze aan
Mtatsminda Park
43
locals raden deze aan
Mtatsminda Park is an amusement facility located atop Mount Mtatsminda on 770 meter height overlooking the Georgian capital Tbilisi. It is the highest point in Tbilisi. Located on more than 100 hectares. Park has more than 100 years history. Mtatsminda Park is the most popular theme park in Tbilisi. It is the best choice for fun and relaxation. You can find various Cafes, Souvenirs shops, child entertainment center, wedding house, picnic zones, a big Ferris Wheel at the edge of the mountain, offering a splendid view over the city, funicular tram and other fun attractions on the venue. Fresh air, fascinating view of Tbilisi, fun rides, attractions, constant events, excellent customer
The National Botanical Garden of Georgia formerly the Tbilisi Botanical Garden, is located in Tbilisi, capital of Georgia, and lie in the Tsavkisis-Tskali Gorge on the southern foothills of the Sololaki Range (a spur of the Trialeti Range). It occupies the area of 161 hectares and possesses a collection of over 4,500 taxonomic groups. Its history spans more than three centuries. It was first described, in 1671, by the French traveler Jean Chardin as royal gardens which might have been founded at least in 1625 and were variably referred to as "fortress gardens" or "Seidabad gardens" later in history.
94
locals raden deze aan
National Botanical Garden of Tbilisi city
12 Bambis Rigi Street
94
locals raden deze aan
The National Botanical Garden of Georgia formerly the Tbilisi Botanical Garden, is located in Tbilisi, capital of Georgia, and lie in the Tsavkisis-Tskali Gorge on the southern foothills of the Sololaki Range (a spur of the Trialeti Range). It occupies the area of 161 hectares and possesses a collection of over 4,500 taxonomic groups. Its history spans more than three centuries. It was first described, in 1671, by the French traveler Jean Chardin as royal gardens which might have been founded at least in 1625 and were variably referred to as "fortress gardens" or "Seidabad gardens" later in history.
Rike park is considered to be the youngest recreational area in Tbilisi. It is situated on the left bank of the river Kura (Mtkvari) and already has become a popular place for both local and international visitors, especially families, and in summer. The Rike park is quite easy to find, as its main entrance is right from the beautiful pedestrian ‘Bridge of Peace’. The park is a host to a numerous entertainment facilities like singing and dancing fountains, artificial climbing wall, children’s maze, mega-chess board, as well as footpaths and quiet corners. The start point of a newly opened cable car that takes visitors up to Narikala fortress is located in the Rike park.
23
locals raden deze aan
Rike Park
23
locals raden deze aan
Rike park is considered to be the youngest recreational area in Tbilisi. It is situated on the left bank of the river Kura (Mtkvari) and already has become a popular place for both local and international visitors, especially families, and in summer. The Rike park is quite easy to find, as its main entrance is right from the beautiful pedestrian ‘Bridge of Peace’. The park is a host to a numerous entertainment facilities like singing and dancing fountains, artificial climbing wall, children’s maze, mega-chess board, as well as footpaths and quiet corners. The start point of a newly opened cable car that takes visitors up to Narikala fortress is located in the Rike park.
Actually this was the first public park in Tbilisi established in the first part of XIX century by Iranian Mir-Fatah-Agha. As legends says he had Georgian wife who died early and then he established this park for her memory. In XX century it has been developed and kids attractions and play grounds installed. There is the first and only kids' railway carousel. Park has old-fashioned concert space in the middle and ferris wheel.
Mushthaid Garden
Actually this was the first public park in Tbilisi established in the first part of XIX century by Iranian Mir-Fatah-Agha. As legends says he had Georgian wife who died early and then he established this park for her memory. In XX century it has been developed and kids attractions and play grounds installed. There is the first and only kids' railway carousel. Park has old-fashioned concert space in the middle and ferris wheel.
Vake Park is a public park in Tbilisi. The park was opened in 1946 and is located in the Vake district of Tbilisi at the western end of Chavchavadze Avenue.
16
locals raden deze aan
Vake Park
16
locals raden deze aan
Vake Park is a public park in Tbilisi. The park was opened in 1946 and is located in the Vake district of Tbilisi at the western end of Chavchavadze Avenue.
Dedaena Park
Roses Park
Shopping
Tbilisi Mall is the first and largest such unique development in the Southern Caucasus to meet globally recognized standards. It is the most modern center to combine leisure, retail and entertainment in the Region. The outlets of well-known retail brands, department stores and banking facilities line the concourse. Other features include a multi-screen cinema, distinguished food court and a family entertainment center on the upper levels. Tbilisi Mall also benefits from a multi-storey free-of-charge car park, spread over four underground levels.
39
locals raden deze aan
Tbilisi Mall
16th km Davit Aghmashenebeli Ave
39
locals raden deze aan
Tbilisi Mall is the first and largest such unique development in the Southern Caucasus to meet globally recognized standards. It is the most modern center to combine leisure, retail and entertainment in the Region. The outlets of well-known retail brands, department stores and banking facilities line the concourse. Other features include a multi-screen cinema, distinguished food court and a family entertainment center on the upper levels. Tbilisi Mall also benefits from a multi-storey free-of-charge car park, spread over four underground levels.
There are many nice spots for souvenir shopping in Tbilisi. One of the most extraordinary places to find antiques and rarities is the flea market near Dry Bridge (In Georgian: “Mshrali khidi”) – a place with a history that is still popular even among locals not to mention tourists. Vogue magazine even dedicated an article to Tbilisi’s Dry Bridge flea market calling it “the coolest” in the city. For the vintage aficionado, Tbilisi’s Dry Bridge flea market is a must-visit place. You can find literally everything here: Vintage jewelry, soviet-era accessories, kilims, traditional Georgian clothes, old books, chandeliers, Russian pop music tapes, military medals, pins, tableware and coins.
52
locals raden deze aan
Dry Bridge Market
52
locals raden deze aan
There are many nice spots for souvenir shopping in Tbilisi. One of the most extraordinary places to find antiques and rarities is the flea market near Dry Bridge (In Georgian: “Mshrali khidi”) – a place with a history that is still popular even among locals not to mention tourists. Vogue magazine even dedicated an article to Tbilisi’s Dry Bridge flea market calling it “the coolest” in the city. For the vintage aficionado, Tbilisi’s Dry Bridge flea market is a must-visit place. You can find literally everything here: Vintage jewelry, soviet-era accessories, kilims, traditional Georgian clothes, old books, chandeliers, Russian pop music tapes, military medals, pins, tableware and coins.
10
locals raden deze aan
Carrefour
3 Vekua Street
10
locals raden deze aan
14
locals raden deze aan
Wine Gallery
39 Tsinamdzgvrishvili Street
14
locals raden deze aan
Sightseeing
Narikala is an ancient fortress overlooking Tbilisiand the Kura River. The fortress consists of two walled sections on a steep hill between the sulphur baths and the botanical gardens of Tbilisi. On the lower court there is the recently restored St Nicholas church. Newly built in 1996–1997, it replaces the original 13th-century church that was destroyed in a fire. The new church is of "prescribed cross" type, having doors on three sides.[1] The internal part of the church is decorated with the frescos showing scenes both from the Bible and history of Georgia.
44
locals raden deze aan
Narikala Castle
44
locals raden deze aan
Narikala is an ancient fortress overlooking Tbilisiand the Kura River. The fortress consists of two walled sections on a steep hill between the sulphur baths and the botanical gardens of Tbilisi. On the lower court there is the recently restored St Nicholas church. Newly built in 1996–1997, it replaces the original 13th-century church that was destroyed in a fire. The new church is of "prescribed cross" type, having doors on three sides.[1] The internal part of the church is decorated with the frescos showing scenes both from the Bible and history of Georgia.
Located at the eastern bank of the Mtkvari River at the foot of Narikala fort across Metekhisubani, Abanotubani is an important historic part of the city — the place, where according to a legend the King of Iberia, Vakhtang Gorgasali’s falcon fell, leading to a discovery of the hot springs and, subsequently, to founding of a new capital.
52
locals raden deze aan
Abanotubani
52
locals raden deze aan
Located at the eastern bank of the Mtkvari River at the foot of Narikala fort across Metekhisubani, Abanotubani is an important historic part of the city — the place, where according to a legend the King of Iberia, Vakhtang Gorgasali’s falcon fell, leading to a discovery of the hot springs and, subsequently, to founding of a new capital.
The Tbilisi Sioni Cathedral is situated in historic Sionis Kucha (Sioni Street) in downtown Tbilisi, with its eastern façade fronting the right embankment of the Kura River. It was initially built in the 6th and 7th centuries. Since then, it has been destroyed by foreign invaders and reconstructed several times. The current church is based on a 13th-century version with some changes from the 17th to 19th centuries. The Sioni Cathedral was the main Georgian Orthodox Cathedral and the seat of Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia until the Holy Trinity Cathedral was consecrated in 2004.
18
locals raden deze aan
Zion cathedral
3 Sioni St
18
locals raden deze aan
The Tbilisi Sioni Cathedral is situated in historic Sionis Kucha (Sioni Street) in downtown Tbilisi, with its eastern façade fronting the right embankment of the Kura River. It was initially built in the 6th and 7th centuries. Since then, it has been destroyed by foreign invaders and reconstructed several times. The current church is based on a 13th-century version with some changes from the 17th to 19th centuries. The Sioni Cathedral was the main Georgian Orthodox Cathedral and the seat of Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia until the Holy Trinity Cathedral was consecrated in 2004.
According to the old Georgian annals, the church was built by the King Dachi of Iberia (circa 522-534) who had made Tbilisi his capital. Originally dedicated to the Virgin Mary, it was renamed Anchiskhati (i.e., icon of Ancha) in 1675 when the treasured icon of the Savior created by the twelfth-century goldsmith Beka Opizari at the Ancha monastery in Klarjeti (in what is now part of northeast Turkey) was moved to Tbilisi so preserve it from an Ottoman invasion. The icon was preserved at the Basilica of St Mary for centuries (it is now on display at the Art Museum of Georgia).
22
locals raden deze aan
Anchiskhati Basilica
11 Ioane Shavteli St
22
locals raden deze aan
According to the old Georgian annals, the church was built by the King Dachi of Iberia (circa 522-534) who had made Tbilisi his capital. Originally dedicated to the Virgin Mary, it was renamed Anchiskhati (i.e., icon of Ancha) in 1675 when the treasured icon of the Savior created by the twelfth-century goldsmith Beka Opizari at the Ancha monastery in Klarjeti (in what is now part of northeast Turkey) was moved to Tbilisi so preserve it from an Ottoman invasion. The icon was preserved at the Basilica of St Mary for centuries (it is now on display at the Art Museum of Georgia).
The bridge, a design of which reminds of a marine animal, has a curvy steel and glass canopy top which shimmers with an interactive light display at night, generated by thousands of white LEDs. The roof is fitted with 1,208 custom LED fixtures designed and installed by the Dutch Primo Exposures and RENA Electronica companies, using 6,040 high-power LUXEON Rebel LEDs with 4,200K color temperature, supplied by Future Lighting Solutions. The handrail glass panels which run along the whole length of the walkway are equipped with embedded linear low-power LED arrays, a product called powerglass, supplied by Glas-Platz from Germany. The lighting is switched on 90 minutes before sunset illuminat
15
locals raden deze aan
The Bridge Of Peace
15
locals raden deze aan
The bridge, a design of which reminds of a marine animal, has a curvy steel and glass canopy top which shimmers with an interactive light display at night, generated by thousands of white LEDs. The roof is fitted with 1,208 custom LED fixtures designed and installed by the Dutch Primo Exposures and RENA Electronica companies, using 6,040 high-power LUXEON Rebel LEDs with 4,200K color temperature, supplied by Future Lighting Solutions. The handrail glass panels which run along the whole length of the walkway are equipped with embedded linear low-power LED arrays, a product called powerglass, supplied by Glas-Platz from Germany. The lighting is switched on 90 minutes before sunset illuminat
The Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi commonly known as Sameba is the main cathedral of the Georgian Orthodox Church located in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. Constructed between 1995 and 2004, it is the third-tallest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in the world and one of the largest religious buildings in the world by total area. Sameba is a synthesis of traditional styles dominating the Georgian church architecture at various stages in history and has some Byzantine undertones.
13
locals raden deze aan
Sameba Church
13
locals raden deze aan
The Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi commonly known as Sameba is the main cathedral of the Georgian Orthodox Church located in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. Constructed between 1995 and 2004, it is the third-tallest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in the world and one of the largest religious buildings in the world by total area. Sameba is a synthesis of traditional styles dominating the Georgian church architecture at various stages in history and has some Byzantine undertones.
Shardeni Street - a small pedestrian street, one of the single centers of the city’s cultural and social life. After the reconstruction in XIXc. the street was named Shardeni, in honor of the French traveler Jean Chardin. Nowadays, The main walking street Sharden together with its parallel Bambis Rigi and Rkinis Rigi, and Erekle II a little further north, are narrow pedestrian streets lined with fashionable galleries and cafes.
Jan Shardeni Street
Shardeni Street - a small pedestrian street, one of the single centers of the city’s cultural and social life. After the reconstruction in XIXc. the street was named Shardeni, in honor of the French traveler Jean Chardin. Nowadays, The main walking street Sharden together with its parallel Bambis Rigi and Rkinis Rigi, and Erekle II a little further north, are narrow pedestrian streets lined with fashionable galleries and cafes.
Davit Aghmashenebeli Avenue is one of the main avenues of Tbilisi Georgia and is named after David IV of Georgia. The avenue is located on the left bank of the Mtkvari River in the Old Tbilisi district of Tbilisi and runs from Saarbrücken Square (Mikhail Vorontsov Square) to Giorgi Tsabadze street. It was originally named Mikheil street in 1851, and Georgi Plekhanov street after the Russian revolutionary Georgi Plekhanov from 1918 to 1988. In 2010 a rehabiliation project was started that includes seventy buildings, the road, the sidewalks and street lightings.
6
locals raden deze aan
Davit Aghmashenebeli Avenue
6
locals raden deze aan
Davit Aghmashenebeli Avenue is one of the main avenues of Tbilisi Georgia and is named after David IV of Georgia. The avenue is located on the left bank of the Mtkvari River in the Old Tbilisi district of Tbilisi and runs from Saarbrücken Square (Mikhail Vorontsov Square) to Giorgi Tsabadze street. It was originally named Mikheil street in 1851, and Georgi Plekhanov street after the Russian revolutionary Georgi Plekhanov from 1918 to 1988. In 2010 a rehabiliation project was started that includes seventy buildings, the road, the sidewalks and street lightings.
Metekhi is a historic neighborhood of Tbilisi, Georgia, located on the elevated cliff that overlooks the Mtkvari river. The neighborhood is home to the eponymous Metekhi Church of Assumption. The district was one of the earliest inhabited areas on the city’s territory. According to traditional accounts, King Vakhtang I Gorgasali erected here a church and a fort which served also as a king’s residence; hence comes the name Metekhi which dates back to the 12th century and literally means “the area around the palace”. Tradition holds that it was also a site where the 5th-century martyr lady Saint Shushanik was buried. However, none of these structures have survived the Mongol invasion of 1235.
35
locals raden deze aan
Metekhi St. Virgin Church
35
locals raden deze aan
Metekhi is a historic neighborhood of Tbilisi, Georgia, located on the elevated cliff that overlooks the Mtkvari river. The neighborhood is home to the eponymous Metekhi Church of Assumption. The district was one of the earliest inhabited areas on the city’s territory. According to traditional accounts, King Vakhtang I Gorgasali erected here a church and a fort which served also as a king’s residence; hence comes the name Metekhi which dates back to the 12th century and literally means “the area around the palace”. Tradition holds that it was also a site where the 5th-century martyr lady Saint Shushanik was buried. However, none of these structures have survived the Mongol invasion of 1235.
The Kashveti Church of St. George is a Georgian Orthodox Church in central Tbilisi, located across from the Parliament building on Rustaveli Avenue. The Kashveti church was constructed between 1904 and 1910 by the architect Leopold Bilfeldt. Kashveti was built on the site of a damaged church built of brick at the request of the Amilakhvari family in 1753. Significant contributions to the current church’s ornate design were made by N. Agladze. Kashveti’s frescoes were painted by the influential Georgian painter, Lado Gudiashvili, in 1947. The name "kashveti" is derived from Georgian words kva for a "stone" and shva "to give birth."
11
locals raden deze aan
Kashueti St. George Church
9 Shota Rustaveli Ave
11
locals raden deze aan
The Kashveti Church of St. George is a Georgian Orthodox Church in central Tbilisi, located across from the Parliament building on Rustaveli Avenue. The Kashveti church was constructed between 1904 and 1910 by the architect Leopold Bilfeldt. Kashveti was built on the site of a damaged church built of brick at the request of the Amilakhvari family in 1753. Significant contributions to the current church’s ornate design were made by N. Agladze. Kashveti’s frescoes were painted by the influential Georgian painter, Lado Gudiashvili, in 1947. The name "kashveti" is derived from Georgian words kva for a "stone" and shva "to give birth."
Arabian conquest of the 18th century was entailed with settlement of the Muslim population. According to Platon Ioseliani , the first mosque in Tbilisi was constructed in the 16th century it was the Shiite mosque constructed on the place of the devastated Christian church with the wish of the shah- Suleiman in 1522, this mosque was removed during the Metekhi bridge construction in 1950. despite this one, other Muslim worship places were in Tbilisi, such as: the Sunnite mosque at the end of the botanical garden, constructed in 1723-1735 during the Osman reign , which was destroyed in the middle of the 17th century with the order of Nadir- Shah. In 1846-1851 the mosque was renovated.
Tbilisi Central Mosque
32 Botanical St
Arabian conquest of the 18th century was entailed with settlement of the Muslim population. According to Platon Ioseliani , the first mosque in Tbilisi was constructed in the 16th century it was the Shiite mosque constructed on the place of the devastated Christian church with the wish of the shah- Suleiman in 1522, this mosque was removed during the Metekhi bridge construction in 1950. despite this one, other Muslim worship places were in Tbilisi, such as: the Sunnite mosque at the end of the botanical garden, constructed in 1723-1735 during the Osman reign , which was destroyed in the middle of the 17th century with the order of Nadir- Shah. In 1846-1851 the mosque was renovated.
Arts & Culture
The Giorgi Chitaia Open Air Museum of Ethnography is an open-air museum in Tbilisi, Georgia, displaying the examples of folk architecture and craftwork from various regions of the country. The museum is named after Giorgi Chitaia, a Georgian ethnographer, who founded the museum on April 27, 1966. Since December 30, 2004, it has been administered as part of the Georgian National Museum. Since 2004, the museum has been hosting an annual summertime folk culture festival Art-Gene founded and managed by the Georgian rock musician and folk enthusiast Zaza Korinteli ("Zumba").
38
locals raden deze aan
Open Air Museum of Ethnography
38
locals raden deze aan
The Giorgi Chitaia Open Air Museum of Ethnography is an open-air museum in Tbilisi, Georgia, displaying the examples of folk architecture and craftwork from various regions of the country. The museum is named after Giorgi Chitaia, a Georgian ethnographer, who founded the museum on April 27, 1966. Since December 30, 2004, it has been administered as part of the Georgian National Museum. Since 2004, the museum has been hosting an annual summertime folk culture festival Art-Gene founded and managed by the Georgian rock musician and folk enthusiast Zaza Korinteli ("Zumba").
The Georgian National Museum presents internationally significant collections of art and dynamic, changing exhibitions, providing audiences with inspiration and knowledge of the wonderful world of culture, art, science and education. The evidences and proof of the oldest human existence in Eurasia are displayed together with magnificent Medieval Christian art, stunning gold and silver jewelry from the ancient land of Colchis, spectacular modern and contemporary paintings of Georgian artists and masterpieces of the Oriental, Western European and Russian decorative arts.
42
locals raden deze aan
Georgian National Museum
3/10 Shota Rustaveli Ave
42
locals raden deze aan
The Georgian National Museum presents internationally significant collections of art and dynamic, changing exhibitions, providing audiences with inspiration and knowledge of the wonderful world of culture, art, science and education. The evidences and proof of the oldest human existence in Eurasia are displayed together with magnificent Medieval Christian art, stunning gold and silver jewelry from the ancient land of Colchis, spectacular modern and contemporary paintings of Georgian artists and masterpieces of the Oriental, Western European and Russian decorative arts.
A modern and spacious private museum dedicated to the famous Georgian sculptor and artist Zurab Tsereteli. Spread over three floors with the ground floor given to his sketches, the first floor for his big, colourful paintings and the top floor for an exhibition depicting his life. There are also several of his sculptures on display.
11
locals raden deze aan
Moma Tbilisi
27 Shota Rustaveli Ave
11
locals raden deze aan
A modern and spacious private museum dedicated to the famous Georgian sculptor and artist Zurab Tsereteli. Spread over three floors with the ground floor given to his sketches, the first floor for his big, colourful paintings and the top floor for an exhibition depicting his life. There are also several of his sculptures on display.
Though modest in size, The Gabriadze Theater is among the world’s preeminent cultural institutions. Presenting mature puppet performances full of depth and meaning, it has gained the respect and recognition of international audiences and critics alike. The Gabriadze Theater stands in the heart of Tbilisi’s historic Old Town. This beautiful building of the unique marionette theatre was designed by Gabriadze himself. Among the shows in its current repertoire are: “The Autumn of My Spring”, “Stalingrad”, “Ramona”, “Diamond of Marshal de Fant’e”.
27
locals raden deze aan
Rezo Gabriadze Marionette Theater
13 Ioane Shavteli St
27
locals raden deze aan
Though modest in size, The Gabriadze Theater is among the world’s preeminent cultural institutions. Presenting mature puppet performances full of depth and meaning, it has gained the respect and recognition of international audiences and critics alike. The Gabriadze Theater stands in the heart of Tbilisi’s historic Old Town. This beautiful building of the unique marionette theatre was designed by Gabriadze himself. Among the shows in its current repertoire are: “The Autumn of My Spring”, “Stalingrad”, “Ramona”, “Diamond of Marshal de Fant’e”.
The Georgian National Opera and Ballet Theater of Tbilisi formerly known as the Tiflis Imperial Theater, is an opera house situated on Rustaveli Avenue in Tbilisi, Georgia. Founded in 1851, Tbilisi Opera is the main opera house of Georgia and one of the oldest such establishments in eastern Europe. Since 1896, the theater has resided in an exotic neo-Moorish edifice originally constructed by Victor Johann Gottlieb Schröter, a prominent architect of Baltic German origin. Although definitively Oriental in its decorations and style, the building's layout, foyers and the main hall are that of a typical European opera house. The opera house is one of the centers of cultural life in Tbilisi.
46
locals raden deze aan
Opera and Ballet Theatre of Tbilisi
25 Shota Rustaveli Ave
46
locals raden deze aan
The Georgian National Opera and Ballet Theater of Tbilisi formerly known as the Tiflis Imperial Theater, is an opera house situated on Rustaveli Avenue in Tbilisi, Georgia. Founded in 1851, Tbilisi Opera is the main opera house of Georgia and one of the oldest such establishments in eastern Europe. Since 1896, the theater has resided in an exotic neo-Moorish edifice originally constructed by Victor Johann Gottlieb Schröter, a prominent architect of Baltic German origin. Although definitively Oriental in its decorations and style, the building's layout, foyers and the main hall are that of a typical European opera house. The opera house is one of the centers of cultural life in Tbilisi.
Marjanishvili Theatre
Tbilisi Concert Hall