Over deze ruimte
A unique building at 30-minute walking distance from the city center. It is a protected monument: old on the outside, completely new on the inside. Warm in winter, cool in the summer.
A modern loft comprising 3 levels, situated in a former warehouse, and located at the Kop van Zuid (Head of South) in Rotterdam. Part of a new neighborhood that is built in old, abandoned port areas, now urbanized and redesigned as a marina harbor.
The apartment is very quiet, very spacious (150 m3), high ceilings, and furnished in simple and stylish ways. It has no internal walls, except for a big block containing bathroom and toilets, sealed off from the rest of the house.
The apartment is on the 2nd+3rd+4th floor of the building. Entry level at the 3rd floor (hallway, toilet, kitchen, living area). Stairs from hallway down to 2nd level (work area, bathroom, toilet, sleep area). Stairs from hallway up to 4th level (lounge, outside terrace). The kitchen is fully equipped, with fridge, dishwasher, oven and microwave.
Toegang voor gasten
Guests have access to the entire apartment, and also to the container area downstairs, the postbox, and the cellar where people can park their bicycles.
Interactie met gasten
The host is always quickly available by email, or SMS.
A strong feature is the big Jumbo supermarket on ground level, which is open all days of the year. Another strong feature is its orientation toward the north, meaning it's never hot inside the house, though plenty of sun available on the terrace. There's also free parking available in the area.
- 15 minutes walk from the city center, museums, and shopping areas (or easy 5-minute trip with bus, tram, or metro).
- 10 minutes walk to Wilhelminaplein "Manhattan on the Maas", with the famous Erasmus Bridge, restaurants, bars, and trendy movie theater Lantaarn Venster.
- 10 minutes walk to Oude Haven, with famous cubic houses, restaurants, and bars.
- Fast access to/from Schiphol airport by hi-speed train and metro (45 minutes in total).
- 15 minutes walk to the Feyenoord stadium ("de Kuip"), a big Pathe cinema and restaurants.
No children running around. (We've already had a bad experience there.)
No high heels (because of the wooden floors).
Don't keep windows open when it's raining (again, because of the floors).
Properly lock the door when leaving (seems obvious, but some don't do it).
Annuleer tot vijf dagen voor je reis en krijg een volledige restitutie, inclusief servicekosten.
Jurgen Appelo is a writer, speaker, trainer, entrepreneur, illustrator, developer, manager, blogger, reader, dreamer, leader, freethinker, and… Dutch guy.