Hoe kan ik een echte opvanglocatie voor dieren herkennen?
For Airbnb Experiences and Adventures that include animals, Airbnb has partnered with World Animal Protection to provide guidelines and articles that seek to promote the safety of wild animals in the wild and in captivity, as well as domesticated animals under human care.
Animal sanctuary checklist
Use these guidelines to determine if the sanctuary you want to visit is a genuine one that puts the animals' welfare first.
Where the animals come from
- Doesn't take animals from the wild unless they are injured
- Doesn't sell animals or animal parts
- Doesn't breed animals unless they are being released into the wild
- Doesn’t accept more animals under its care than it can humanely manage
The sanctuary's purpose
- Doesn't use wild animals for entertainment (rides, shows, or tricks)
- Doesn't keep wild animals to make a profit
- Exists to rescue and help animals
How the animals are kept and cared for
- Has properly trained staff that know how to care for all of the animals
- Has veterinarians available at any hour to treat anythe animals that becomes sick or hurt
- Keeps animals in enclosures that closely resemble their natural habitat and gives them enough space and opportunities to move and behave naturally
- Doesn’t remove animals from their enclosures for people to hold them as this can scare the animals
- Reduces the amount of time people can view the animals and gives animals the opportunity for privacy
Conduct that violates our guidelines
If you come across an experience that violates the Animal Welfare Guidelines, threatens the safety of our hosts or guests, or risks the welfare and/or conservation of animals, please contact us. If applicable, make a note of the date, time and location, as well as the type of animals involved in the experience.
If we are made aware that an experience and/or host violates our platform policies, community standards, or terms of service, we take action including permanent removal from our community if warranted. We’re constantly reviewing and revising our platform policies and protections in order to make our community safer and higher quality.
Courtesy of World Animal Protection. ©2019 World Animal Protection. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The World Animal Protection name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. For more information about World Animal Protection, please visit worldanimalprotection.org.
Read the original article by World Animal Protection.